Thursday, December 15, 2005

And then we were joined by Kid Rock, because.... Why the fuck not?

Pink is not an appropriate colour. Many art students/art teachers would disagree, but I do think black is a colour, but that didn't seem to work either. So now I have chosen my remaining favourite colours for this blog background/template. With an Aqua Teen Hunger Force terror alert detector I stole from Elle Woods, law student at large.

My rationale? Why the fuck not. Continuing with looking back a bit at why I think I used to be a more hip individual was an honest to goodness "Fuck 'um" attitude that I've long since lost.

I used to not let cars pass me if I didn't like them or if they were a minivan. I used to back in my high school days jump in front of helpless freshmen and sophomores and scream "KRUMPET!" at maximum volume, just for the hell of it. I read my old high school yearbooks and in the comments sections there are these thinly veiled references to just "slow down a bit" and "you'll live up to your potential" and etc. etc. (Read: go to rehab you funny son of a bitch, otherwise you're gonna hit a wall)

How strange indeed that I'm a bit proud of my older lifestyle, my old "rep" as being the guy that will eat a half stick of butter and not proffer an explanation. There's Apple Jacks in the cupboard but no milk in the fridge? Beer will do the job nicely. Why do you have one black shoelace and one green shoelace? Well, only one of my black shoelaces broke, so why bother stringing up both boots?

My eccentric personality has been usurped by one that sits in an uplit basement in an office chair, sipping coffee out of a red porcelin cup whilst listening to the easy-sung jazzy tunes of Reese Witherspoon of all people from the Walk the Line soundtrack while wearing a shirt with buttons on it.

Wait, what? Why is it not an environ with harsh overhead lighting, a beer, and Metallica? And wait, don't I want to punch Reese Witherspoon for being a bit of a stuck up actress? Yes! Yes I think I do! So what happened? Where'd shit go wrong for me?

Dunno. But everyone is talking to me on AIM right now so I can't finish. More later.

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 16, 2005 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Elle Woods said...

Rip on Reese one more time and feel the wrath that only a 5'3'' girl can muster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home