Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Momdukes and cartoons

I like my Mom, really I do...

But she sees my desktop background is Bender, with a word bubble on it, speaking in German. Her response: "Oh I don't like that Homer Simpson." *walks away*

Ahem. Bender, who is clearly silver and robotic, easily confusable with Homer Simpson, who is yellow and rather rotund flesh.



Like I said, I like my Mom, but she drops some logic sometimes that leaves me wearing the "Ahbuh?" face.

So this picture also has kind of a funny element to it as well. My good friend Cheese, who is also my boss, has a German wife. As such, when we find these things on the internet at work during the slow periods, we need her to translate. She works at a "real job" with like real people, whereas everyone at the pharmacy is insane and doesn't blink when the desktop is changed to a fur coat wearing robot hollering in Deustche.

So she's whispering the translation, and we can't make out what she means on the last word. It sounds like "Horse". That would make this not make very much sense, so we ask again "Horse?" It was pretty obvious she was just trying to keep it low volume at work with the serious people but failed when she had to holler out "WHORES!" over the phone to us chuckleheads. For those wondering, this is from the Bender the Offender episode, and the quote is roughly translated from the line:

"Fine, I'll open up my own bar, with blackjack and hookers!"

German men refer to prostitutes as "Nutten". Europe is a silly, silly place. But I still want to visit.

3 Comments:

At Monday, December 26, 2005 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Bender said...

The people at the pharmacy also don't mind when you change the desktop to a picture of you and Chewbacca...

Or when you show up an hour late to work...

Or you steal a thousand dollars and supposedly flee the country (only to show up working at another pharmacy some 20 miles away)...


Alright they drew the line at that one.

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:04:00 PM, Blogger The Crab said...

Yeah, don't fuck with the money, the drugs (at all) or the customers (too much) and you can pretty much enjoy a long and storied career with the company.

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:28:00 AM, Blogger Elle Woods said...

I can't believe you only "like" your mom...The poor woman has to deal with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home