Thursday, January 19, 2006

Yeah, I'm still alive.

Hey. Yes, I still exist. Barely.

Been a crazy time period since my last post, to be honest. The holiday season for yours truly was lowkey and a bit strange, and as usual divided up into several mini festivities. I recieved a pumpkin pie from my brother and sister in law. Like, a whole pie. With cool whip, and they said I didn't have to share. Quickest way to my heart if ever I saw one. I also got some gift cards from the newlyweds on their first Christmas together. Like I said, pretty lowkey, nothing crazy, I don't even remember what we had for dinner that night. That was Part One.

Part Two was infinitely stranger. With the duo off visiting her parents, my grandfather in Florida with my aunt and uncle, that left only my parents and I. Or so I thought. My oldest brother who I don't talk about much and hadn't seen in like a year showed up. I was sufficiently walking on eggshells the entire time, and couldn't really drink any alcohol without fear of a lecture, so that sucked. For what it's worth, it was also fairly low key and no big arguements or fights were started. We talked about guitars and cars and music (All three very safe topics with the two of us, since we agree highly with each other in those fields.) Bonus points for him having a new car to gab about and investigate, which really ate up some time before he hit the road.

As for the booty from Christmas, well, it wouldn't be appropriate to call this blog "Strange Days" without a few off the wall type gifts. Firstly, I had no idea what to get my parents. I have like no money, I'm in college, I had been gone for 4 months, maybe they were into something new I didn't know about, and really, they don't need another sweater or gift card to wherever, so I took it upon myself to provide the pleasant lushes with 6 bottles of wine, mostly Aussie, which they dig. I don't know if that qualifies as strange, but I have never recieved that much alcohol from someone as a gift, and it's MY PARENTS for chrizzie sakes.

I got my sister in law these huge slippers with fake toes on the outside, and marabou trim all over them. Gaudy personified in slipper form if ever I saw it. That and toe socks in the same pink and black designs, with miniature cats on the calf part of the sock, with faux rhinestone eyes. Best part: She liked them alot, was wearing the slippers pretty much the entire time she was at the house, and hopefully her cats will attack her feet every once in a while while she's wearing them (they need exercise)

My aunt gave me scuncis. And like hair ties with marbles on them. I have no idea how they work, I just got the whole rubber band thing down (mostly from watching girls in class tie their hair back) and I don't need graduate level hair decorations, I'm still in hair decoration community college. (Don't bitch, you can hit your own gang, I have an A.A.)

Then the pie. Which didn't make any sense at all, but it tasted good. I love pumpkin pie.

My mom got my dad this big wooden box thing that completely confused him. When you open it up, it's like this big transformer thing that turns into a roulette table, and if you flip the plates it's got a 6 person blackjack felt thing. If you take the plates out, you can shoot craps into the box, which the underside of is also felt covered and decorative. It has a dice rake, a nice bowl for roulette spinning, and a little felt table you can set up for Texas Holdem cards. That's probably the coolest gift I saw this year, and it was put to use on New Year's Eve, but that post is in the works. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home