Monday, January 30, 2006

Post # 2: Silly Putty to Post # 1's Napalm

Hi again. Thanks for stopping by.

I'd like to start by wondering aloud what exactly people are searching for when they find me and my little corner of the internet. I've been getting some weird visitors here lately, from strange parts of the globe and from blogs that don't link to me. By all means, this is Strange Days, so welcome aboard. But perhaps you could comment or e-mail me and let me know how you got here. Or not, it's cool.

Rapid fire observations of the day:
  1. Why do we care about celebrity weddings? Do we need an hour devoted to this? Look, I give Seal his props for landing Heidi Klum, but I don't need to know who DJ'd his wedding. We need to stop this practice of filming stupid things from taking place.
  2. On the other hand, I saw an episode of that skating with the stars. I laughed heartily at the blooper takes, because it's just humourous to me when someone falls on their face, especially on ice. I'm not gonna watch it again, and I don't even know when it's on next, but it was pretty funny and a really dangerous idea, so naturally I enjoyed it.
  3. I want to learn how to play the piano.
  4. I really don't understand cruises. I've never understood why people do this. And now, it's not even safe aside from legionaires disease, now there's fuck off pirates on the high seas. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, 21st century and we still have pirates. My dream journal must have been stolen.
  5. I'm going to take heat for this from a lot of people, but DAMN, the Nashville female accent is absolutely stunning. I think if more girls HERE talked like that, I'd be tempted to stick around a lot longer. But Nooooo I had to come to the progressive, theocracy southern state, where people are afraid of being labelled hicks and speak with fake southern accents that sound more like let's say a midlantic rural accent. Oh wait, I have a midlantic rural accent too! Great, so they don't sound different at all!
  6. This is going to be another whole post, but I'm gonna take more heat and say country music is pretty good. It's really coming back apparantly, so I'm sure there'll be a lot of pop crap pushed big time, but along with having cute girl accents, the new Nashville sound in country music ain't bad.
  7. There is a town in South Carolina called North. Boy, those kids must be fucked up big time. I'm from North South Carolina. "Where?"
  8. Super Bowl coverage begins at 2:30 Sunday. Do they mean coverage, or do they mean mindless celebrity crap, bad pop music, and pointless interviews with player's fourth grade teachers? That's right. Upside: The Rolling Stones, aka the best rock and roll band ever, is playing the halftime show. I'm still taping lingerie bowl, but I'm actually going to watch halftime this year.
  9. I cannot stand Matthew McConahay (can't be arsed to look up his name) and Sarah J. Parker. Somebody oughta throw some oats and some hay in her general direction, are you kidding with that face? I'm also lukewarm on the Terry Bradshaw. That movie shouldn't have been made and I hope it tanks.
  10. During my drive back down 95, I saw a sign in North Carolina for 95 South, Miami. Now, I know they like to put distant places up on the signs, but let's not get fucking carried away. At that point, I had probably 6 more hours of driving, and dammit, I didn't need to see that.

Ok, this is somewhat to mitigate my anger from last post, even though there's anger in this one too, but I tried to make it funny. Speaking of which, the offer has been floated to me to perform some stand up comedy to benefit a non-profit organization down here. I'm thinking it over, and writing some material. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home